Desktop Support Technician – Tier III
Job Location: Eagan, MN
Job Type: Full-Time
The Tier 3 Technician (T3) is an escalation point for lower tier technicians; administrative, sales, and managerial staff. T3s are the endpoint in escalation procedures to ensure both internal and external customers receive the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results. T3s lead lower tier technicians by example; by following defined policies and procedures, while presenting a positive attitude and desire to provide both the highest quality service and the quickest possible results. T3s accept and execute special projects assigned by Technical Managers and Service Dispatchers using an organized, well-documented, and thorough process while upholding the Support Department’s goal of providing the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results.
- Know, understand, explain, and enforce the Support Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Lead by example by following the Support Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude
- Train, coach, and mentor lower tier technicians with the desire to build their skills, understanding, and confidence as support technicians
- Execute special projects following an organized, well-documented, and thorough process with the follow-through to ensure the customer receives the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results
- Demonstrate a desire for continued growth, and up-to-date skillsets, through study, experience, and certifications
- Have solutions before bringing up a problem with management or sales
- Promote a positive work environment by helping to build a culture of acceptance, confidence, professional growth, and comradery
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Assist in installation of workstations, servers, routers, switches and other networking components remotely
- Provide remote troubleshooting to internal and external clients
- Perform scheduled maintenance on servers, workstations, and network equipment
- Perform data migrations from existing environments to new server environments
- Email and domain management for clients
- Planning and coordination of large-scale, multi-site network environments
- Researching, designing, and implementing special projects for internal and external clients
- Partner with vendors and suppliers to find answers or solutions to client needs or projects
- Work closely with management keeping them informed of changes to the technology needs of our clients
- Continually update or create documentation for processes that would be used by both internal staff and external clients
Technical Skills (5 or more years of experience required):
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2003, 2008, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Microsoft Office (2010, 2013, 2016), Office365
- Strong working knowledge of various switches, routers, network firewalls, UPS and backup systems
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, VLAN, LAN/WAN, SDWAN, networking concepts.
- Strong working knowledge of virtualization technologies
- MCSA, or the ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to function independently in difficult situations.
- Must be comfortable interacting with non-technical customers.
- Must be prompt, have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in dental technologies is preferred
- Strong ability and desire to train others
- A competitive base salary with bonus opportunities.
- Medical insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Mileage reimbursement.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org