Job Location: Eagan, MN
Job Type: Full-Time
Required Education: Associate
Required Experience: 5 years of network administration and 10 years of IT
The Network Administrator (Tier 4 Technician) is responsible for all internal infrastructure at our Eagan location, our Eagan data center location, and connectivity to our Chicago and Iowa offices. The T4 position is a highest-level escalation point in the Support Department. T4s provide training, coaching, support, and mentorship to lower tier technicians. T4s are responsible for designing and documenting internal infrastructure and external customer technology needs. T4s are responsible for the developing short-term tactical and long-term strategic plans for both internal operations and customer service offerings. T4s are responsible for maintaining our cloud based backup servers, software, and SAN devices at our data center.
- Know, understand, explain, and enforce the Support Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Lead by example by following the Support Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude
- Monitor lower tier technicians to ensure escalation proceeds as defined by the Escalation Procedures
- Train, coach, and mentor lower tier technicians with the desire to build their skills, understanding, and confidence as support technicians
- Execute special projects following an organized, well-documented, and thorough process with the follow-through to ensure the customer receives the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results
- Communicate clearly to Tech Managers when issues arise
- Demonstrate a desire for continued growth, and up-to-date skillsets, through study, experience, and certifications
- Take initiative and lead on installations and service calls; take ownership and take pride in the work you do
- Promote a positive work environment by helping to build a culture of acceptance, confidence, professional growth, and comradery
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and support all Internal Infrastructure: Servers, routers, switches, storage, workstations, printers, software and services
- Provide high-level support for lower tier technicians
- Design and develop processes and procedures for internal and external IT infrastructure
- Work with Tech Managers to develop Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide training for lower tier technicians on SOP and processes
- Assist lower tier technicians with knowledgebase management
- 10 years IT experience, 5+ designing, maintaining, and supporting IT infrastructure
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008; Windows 7, 8, 10; MacOS X, Linux
- Expert level knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, LAN, WAN
- Hosted Exchange; Exchange Server; Sharepoint; OneDrive
- Office365; MS Office 2016, 2013, 2010
- Router, switches, VLANs, VPN, WAN and LAN
- Virtualization; Hyper-V, VMWare
- Managed services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to function independently in difficult situations.
- Must be comfortable interacting with non-technical customers
- Must be prompt, have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in dental technologies is preferred
- Valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance.
- Willingness and ability to travel across the country to perform service calls and installations.
- Willingness and ability to work some nights and weekends as required with some out of town overnight trips.
- A competitive base salary with commission and bonus opportunities
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org