Network Support Technician
Job Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Job Type: Full-Time
Required Experience: 2 years of desktop support, 2 years of network support and 2 years of help desk
The Network Support Technician (Tier 1 Technician) is front line, customer facing technician that works in the call center and at customer locations. T1s escalate incidents and projects to higher tier technicians and Technical Managers following the escalation procedures thus ensuring the Support Department provides the highest quality of service with the quickest results possible. T1s use knowledgebase articles and seek guidance from higher tiers to ensure that they are using the most up-to-date, current, and relevant information to complete the job at hand in the most efficient and highest quality manner.
- Know and understand the Support Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Lead by example by following the Support Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude
- Work with other technicians with the desire to share skills, understanding, and confidence as support technicians
- Execute special projects following an organized, well-documented, and thorough process with the follow-through to ensure the customer receives the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results
- Escalate to higher tiers efficiently following the Escalation Procedures
- Demonstrate a desire for continued growth, and up-to-date skillsets, through study, experience, and certifications
- Take initiative and lead on installations and service calls; take ownership and take pride in the work you do
- Be the decision maker on installations when the Project Manager
- Have solutions before bringing up a problem with escalation tiers, management, or sales
- Promote a positive work environment by helping to build a culture of acceptance, confidence, professional growth, and comradery
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of workstations, servers, routers, switches and other networking components
- Provide both onsite and remote troubleshooting to clients
- Provide support in person, or over the phone in a call center environment with remote connection software.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on servers, workstations and network equipment
- Perform data migrations from existing environments to new server environments
- Approximately 40% office and 60% field work.
Technical Skills (2 or more years of experience required):
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2003, 2008, 2012 R2, 2016).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (2010, 2013, 2016).
- Working knowledge of switches, routers, network firewalls, UPS and backup systems.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN networking concepts.
- CompTIA A+/Net+ preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to function independently in difficult situations.
- Must be comfortable interacting with non-technical customers
- Must be prompt, have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance.
- Willingness and ability to travel across the state, and possibly into neighboring states, to perform service calls and installations.
- Willingness and ability to work some nights and weekends as required with some out of town overnight trips.
- A competitive base salary with commission and bonus opportunities
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org