Tier 2 Technician
Job Location: Rolling Meadows, IL
Job Type: Full-Time
Required Experience: 5 years of technical support
The Tier 2 Technician/Project Manager (T2) is an escalation point for lower tier technicians; administrative, sales, and managerial staff. T2s follow escalation procedures to ensure both internal and external customers receive the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results. T2s lead lower tier technicians by example; by following defined policies and procedures, while presenting a positive attitude and desire to provide both the highest quality service and the quickest possible results. T2s accept and execute special projects assigned by Technical Managers and Service Dispatchers using an organized, well-documented, and thorough process while upholding the Support Department’s goal of providing the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results. T2s create, update, and retire knowledgebase articles to ensure the Support Department has the most up-to-date, current, and relevant information to complete the job at hand in the most efficient and highest quality manner.
- Know, understand, explain, and enforce the Support Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Lead by example by following the Support Department’s Policies and Procedures
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude
- Monitor lower tier technicians to ensure escalation proceeds as defined by the Escalation Procedures
- Train, coach, and mentor lower tier technicians with the desire to build their skills, understanding, and confidence as support technicians
- Execute special projects following an organized, well-documented, and thorough process with the follow-through to ensure the customer receives the highest quality of service with the quickest possible results
- Escalate to higher tiers efficiently following the Escalation Procedures
- Demonstrate a desire for continued growth, and up-to-date skill sets, through study, experience, and certifications
- Take initiative and lead on installations and service calls; take ownership and take pride in the work you do
- Be the decision maker on installations
- Have solutions before bringing up a problem with management or sales
- Promote a positive work environment by helping to build a culture of acceptance, confidence, professional growth, and comradery
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of workstations, servers, routers, switches and other networking components
- Provide both on-site and remote troubleshooting to internal and external clients
- Perform scheduled maintenance on servers, workstations, and network equipment
- Perform data migrations from existing environments to new server environments
- Approximately 30% office and 70% field work.
Technical Skills (5 or more years of experience required):
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10).
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2003, 2008, 2012 R2, 2016).
- Microsoft Office (2010, 2013, 2016), Office365
- Strong working knowledge of switches, routers, network firewalls, UPS and backup systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN networking concepts.
- MCSA, or the ability to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to function independently in difficult situations.
- Must be comfortable interacting with non-technical customers
- Must be prompt, have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in dental technologies is preferred
- Valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance.
- Willingness and ability to travel across the country to perform service calls and installations.
- Willingness and ability to work some nights and weekends as required with some out of town overnight trips.
- A competitive base salary with commission and bonus opportunities
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com