Escalation Services Technician
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM or 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST
REPORTS TO: Technical Manager
The Escalation Services Technician position provides an advanced level of support to customers and technicians utilizing more advanced skills gained through experience and certifications. Employees in this position are expected to take on higher level and more complex issues, teach/train other technicians, perform remote installations of servers, PCs, and networking equipment, and answer incoming help desk calls. In addition, callbacks to customers will also be assigned to resolve or complete service requests. This position utilizes a variety of troubleshooting methods, software, and critical thinking skills, so candidates/employees must be able to adapt quickly to various situations with software and/or hardware. In addition to the technical skills, employees must have a positive and friendly attitude and always display/project the utmost respect and understanding for the customer during interactions.
- Answer phone calls as they come into the technical support queue.
- Accept escalations and special projects as assigned, including difficult to solve issues.
- Notify a Technical Manager immediately of any critical situations or problems with service.
- Utilize various software tools, CRM and RMM software, and calls to 3rd party technical support to resolve customer issues.
- Follow call handling guidelines and escalations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Coach, train, and mentor technicians.
- Log all calls in CRM software.
- Create and update Knowledge Base articles based on calls and fixes used.
- Other duties as assigned by a Technical Manager or Executive Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two-year degree, A+ Certification, or equivalent education and/or work experience.
- Prior IT Help Desk experience preferred.
- Experience configuring and maintaining network hardware and Windows servers.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments at a time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong critical-thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, and friendly attitude.
- Proficient in MS Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of networking hardware and concepts.
Erickson Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com