POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM or 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST
REPORTS TO: Technical Manager
The Service Technician position is responsible for providing service and customer support during field visits, diagnose errors or technical problems to determine proper solutions while on-site or remotely, and travel onsite with installation teams to assist in workstation, server, and networking component installations and operating system upgrades/conversions. While not scheduled on-site, this position will assist in the call center with help desk calls.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Provide both on-site and remote troubleshooting and support for clients.
- Install workstations, servers, routers, switches, and other networking components.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on servers, workstations, and networking equipment.
- Perform data migrations from existing environments to new workstation and server environments.
- Answer phone calls as they come into the technical support queue if assigned in house.
- Notify a Technical Manager immediately of any critical situations or problems with service.
- Utilize various software tools, CRM and RMM software, and calls to 3rd party technical support to resolve customer issues.
- Follow call handling guidelines and escalations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Log all calls, labor, and parts in CRM software.
- Other duties as assigned by a Technical Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two-year degree or equivalent education and/or work experience.
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10).
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2003, 2008, 2012 R2, 2016).
- Microsoft Office (2010, 2013, 2016).
- Working knowledge of switches, routers, network firewalls, UPS and backup systems.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN networking concepts.
- Configuration of Antivirus software in a networked environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail.
- Strong critical-thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, and friendly attitude.
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
Erickson Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com