Help Desk Services Technician
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM or 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM CST
REPORTS TO: Technical Manager
The Help Desk Services Technician position is a customer-facing position working from the company’s call center. The position processes calls, resolves technical issues, and logs all calls in CRM software to and from customers for many different software, hardware, and operating related issues. This position requires patience, critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. The goal of Help Desk Services is to provide the most efficient and timely solutions to customers while utilizing call center procedures. In addition to answering calls, callbacks to customers will also be assigned to resolve or complete service requests. This position utilizes a variety of troubleshooting methods, software, and critical thinking skills, so employees must be able to adapt quickly to various situations with software and/or hardware. In addition to the technical skills, employees in this position must have a positive and friendly attitude and always display/project the utmost respect and understanding for the customer during interactions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Answer phone calls as they come into the technical support queue.
- Partner with the Regional Coordinator or a Technical Manager for ticket escalations.
- Notify a Technical Manager immediately of any critical situations or problems with service.
- Utilize various software tools, CRM and RMM software, and calls to 3rdparty technical support to resolve customer issues.
- Follow call handling guidelines and escalations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Log all calls in CRM software.
- Create and update Knowledge Base articles based on calls and fixes used.
- Other duties as assigned by a Technical Manager or Executive Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two-year degree, A+ Certification, or equivalent education and/or work experience.
- Prior IT Help Desk experience preferred.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail.
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional, and friendly attitude.
- Proficient in MS Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Working knowledge of networking hardware and concepts.
Erickson Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com