As a dental practice leader, you probably know that your dentist’s office needs to be equipped with the proper tools to succeed. Not only will these tools help your team treat patients better, but they can also provide additional support when it comes to getting things done around the office. IT is no different. 24/7 IT support can help your office get more out of its IT systems, which will get you one step closer to success.
But there are still some common IT support myths that you might believe about these services, which can block you from getting the most help possible. To gain the best support for your business, it’s essential that you know what these myths are and how they impact your ability to run a successful IT system.
At Erickson Dental Technologies, we want to debunk the top three of those common IT support myths that may be keeping your dental practice from reaching its maximum potential.
1. Dental Practice Is Not Related to IT
You might think that your dental practice and IT services are completely unrelated, but you’d be wrong. Using the latest technology can actually impact patient satisfaction and how many cases (and therefore money) your office makes. It really comes down to time management. The right IT support can help you gain back that valuable time you’d rather spend seeing patients rather than dealing with troubleshooting or hardware issues.
Ways in which technology can impact your dental practice also include:
- Facilitating communication between staff members: Using email, scheduling apps, video conferencing, and more can make it easier to communicate with your team.
- Improving patient care: By getting the most out of your equipment and technology, you can spend less time on certain tasks and more time focusing on patients.
- Decreasing overhead costs: Depending upon how efficiently you use your equipment and technology, you may find yourself spending fewer funds on repairs or additional services.
- Improving the patient experience: Having online portals makes it easier for patients to schedule appointments accurately and see their dental records. Online reminders are also helpful for staying on top of follow-up procedures.
- Boosting productivity: ERP, CRM, and other software used for marketing can help users manage their accounts more easily. In fact, a system that’s too complex or difficult to use can actually end up hurting your practice by slowing down productivity.
- Automating tasks: A CRM and data management software can ensure that your office runs smoothly. This also helps boost your bottom line when it comes to billing and collections.
There are several ways to support your dentist’s office, and using IT services is just one. This technology can help you save time and gain back control over your practice.
2. It’s Okay to Be Stuck in the Past
When it comes to technology, some people think it’s time for an upgrade if they find themselves hitting the wall with their current systems. However, there are also those who hold onto outdated equipment just because they don’t want to invest in new things.
This can be problematic on several levels. First of all, your equipment might not be able to handle the services you’re trying to run, especially if your staff members are using some complex software programs. Another common IT support myth is assuming that all outdated systems are immune from security threats. That simply isn’t true because hackers can gain access to outdated equipment just as easily as they can hack new devices.
It might seem like a simple decision, but upgrading your technology is really better for your business now and in the long term.
Erickson Dental Technologies has the equipment, expertise, and know-how to provide your dental office with all the support you need. Whether it is upgrading to more current systems or protecting your data, we can help you stay on top of everything IT-related.
3. IT Support Is Expensive
This is another common IT support myth that can harm your dental practice. In reality, an investment in your IT services will actually save you a lot of time and money in the long run. In fact, they can even cut down on your overhead by making things more efficient for your staff members. This means less downtime when computers aren’t running and faster and more effective processes.
And while it might seem like an investment now, you’ll save yourself a lot of money once your system is running the way you need it to.
IT support doesn’t have to be expensive if your company invests in the right services. For instance, if you choose to go with a managed IT service provider like Erickson Dental Technologies instead of hiring your own IT professional, you can enjoy a variety of benefits such as:
- Round-the-clock monitoring to keep your system up and running all day, every day
- Preventative maintenance that can reduce long-term downtime for your system
- Training programs that help educate your staff members, so they use the software as efficiently as possible
- Backup services that can keep your data safe, even when disaster strikes
- Increased productivity for everyone who uses the software. It doesn’t matter if you have ten employees or 100, because everyone will be able to do their jobs more effectively.
The right IT services will help you save money in the long run without compromising on all that you can achieve with your IT system.
IT support can significantly impact how your dental practice runs, but common IT myths about the services you need to achieve this are costing you money. A comprehensive approach with an IT service provider like Erickson Dental Technologies can help to make your system run like clockwork while freeing up your staff members to do more important things.
Let Us Help You
Erickson Dental Technologies is a full-service IT provider, offering everything from IT support to cloud computing. Our team of experts can help your dental practice take full advantage of the latest technology, so you can see increased productivity and better results for your business.
Contact us today to learn more about what we have to offer.